is there realy a difference?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

antoinette
Larva
Larva

is there realy a difference?

Post by antoinette »

I asked a friend to look for some white beeshrimps on the Duisburgshow fot me. She didn't bring any, she (and 2 other persons) told me they look exactly the same as the Neocaridna cf. zhangjiajiensis sp. "white perl" , wich i already have :? Since i never seen white beeshrimps myself i'm wondering if they are realy different from another and if not of under all conditions you should be able to se the white striping of the beeshrimp?
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

They definitely look different. Here are some pictures:

http://www.wirbellose.de/arten.cgi?acti ... &artNo=284

You see the two thin white stripes most of the time. Plus, the "organs" of the white bee shrimp appear yellowish through the carapace whereas the "organs" of the Snowball Shrimp (=N. cf. zhangjiajiensis "white") appear dark grey to black.

Also, the white bee shrimp carry bluish eggs although it does not become apparent in the photos above.
antoinette
Larva
Larva

Post by antoinette »

Ok, thanks, i can see the difference clearly now. Do you know what happend to the one Gerd use to have? When i looked on his site i noticed he doesn't mention them anymore :(
Mustafa
Founder
Founder

Post by Mustafa »

No idea. I guess Gerd decided not to sell them for one reason or another. :)