Is it possible for RCS to be carrying green color eggs?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Is it possible for RCS to be carrying green color eggs?

Post by Kenshin »

I finally have success in breeding RCS. However, I just noticed 2 or 3 of my female RCS are carrying green color eggs or darkish yellow eggs (looks green to me) and all the other female RCS are carrying yellow eggs. Is it possible that this can happen? Thank you very much for any info. on this question.
GunmetalBlue
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by GunmetalBlue »

Kenshin, your Red Cherries and Green shrimp have interbred... haha, JUST kidding - a Christmas themed joke! :-D

I've only ever seen yellow eggs on my RCS but do recall reading other's experience with green eggs: viewtopic.php?t=778&highlight=green+eggs

-GB
Kenshin
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Kenshin »

Thank you so much Gunmetal Blue. I was trying to find that topic in the forum yesterday night also after I observed this scenerio, but I guess I could not find it (even with the search engine "RCS and green and egg") :roll: . I guess I need to look harder. Anyhow, I put one of the 3 RCS carrying pale green eggs to a smaller tank right away. I guess I will be putting her back into the main tank. Thanks again. :-D