setting up a rcs breeding tank

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

teacher
<b>BANNED</b>

setting up a rcs breeding tank

Post by teacher »

Do I need a heater in the breeding tank? What do I use to cover the filter intake tube.

I have a 5 gallon eclipse hex tank with the filter in the hood. I would appreciate any advice.

:oops: Sorry Mustafa @ the rule. It won't happen again

Teacher
eklikewhoa
Egg
Egg

Post by eklikewhoa »

what is the room temp?

my tanks stay around 75 without the heater so i just leave it off and they seem to be doing fine. i have a hob on my little RCS tank and i cut a piece of coarse filter pad and just wrapped it around the intake strainer and held on with a rubberband. the RCS seem to love as they are always on there gather food.
teacher
<b>BANNED</b>

Post by teacher »

the room stay between 70-80 degrees unless we have a drastic temp change over a weekend or holiday. Texas temp are fairly mild.

Teacher
badflash
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Post by badflash »

Well, you STILL need to go back and read the rules.

Please read the articles on shrimp (look to the left here) and the shrimp Varieties page and find the care guide for the species you want. In this case it is
http://www.petshrimp.com/redcherryshrimp.html

We are more than willing to help you here, but just like your students, we expect you to do a little homework before you ask a question that has been asked & answered a hundered times. Think about what gets teachers mad and don't bring those traits here.

Use the search feature. In this case I searched for "RCS Breeding" clicked search for all terms and got a 2 page list. Scanning down the topics I got:
viewtopic.php?t=605&highlight=rcs+breeding

Anyway, I don't want to discourage you from posting, but If you keep asking questions that are easy to find asnwers for, you'll get scolded. What ever you do, don't excuse yourself by saying "I am just lazy" "I'm in too big of a hurry to search" or other indicators that let the members here know that you don't value their time.