beeshrimp behaviour

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

wijnands
Larva
Larva

beeshrimp behaviour

Post by wijnands »

OK, my beeshrimp collection is now at the recommended 10. And yes, everyone's right, I do see shrimp more often. It's also given me the chance to observe them better. Couple of things I noticed.

- Food, whenever one has found a tasty tidbit such as a piece of flake that has made it to the bottom quite often another shrimp will try to steal it even if there's another piece of flake almost next to it
- Fanning. I've seen some of the smaller shrimps sometimes bending almost double, they may clean their tail but I'm not entirely sure.

I've also spotted the first evidence of a successful molting, I've read somewhere that a molted shrimp will harden in matter of hours, is that correct?
apistomaster
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by apistomaster »

Your bee shrimp sound like they are all doing fine.
Newjohn
Shrimp Nut
Shrimp Nut

Post by Newjohn »

wijnands

I am not quite sure on the time frame for the Shrimp to harden up after a molt.

As to the bending almost in half.
I have noticed this just before a Shrimp is ready to molt. It is like they are trying to stretch out there old exo-skelton.

And If you are lucky enough to see a Shrimp Molt, it is a very fascinating to watch and it is over in a instant.

John