I Helped Write a RCS Profile

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

I Helped Write a RCS Profile

Post by The Fisherman »

Well, I helped put together the RCS profile for Tropical Resources.

I am proud. :-)

It's not perfect - I'll be making more revisions to it. I did write the majority of it, but not all of it was written by me. I had gone over it with a fine tooth comb, but I can already see a few revisions that need changing. Some of them purely cosmetic.

Heres a link:

http://www.tropicalresources.net/TR_pro ... .php?t=182

(Mustafa, I apologize if this link is not allowed, I read the rules several times because I wanted to make sure I was not breaking them. This is not a commercial link, so I think it's fine. They do have a bookstore on the site, but it's not what I was linking too...If its a problem, I won't be offended if you delete it :-) )

I tried to keep it fairly generalized, without turning it into a full article. I'm going to see about getting a Petshrimp.com link in there somewhere.

Tell me what you think! (Just don't be too hard on me. :-) )

I might add a section about the origin of this red strain...and about the wild form, etc. etc.

-John
apistomaster
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by apistomaster »

Hi John,
I read your RCS profile and found it was pretty good. I think anything that helps expand the ranks of the freshwater invertebrate keeping hobby is a positive thing. The general lack of understanding is one of the most limiting factors affecting the expansion of the ranks.
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

apistomaster wrote:Hi John,
I read your RCS profile and found it was pretty good. I think anything that helps expand the ranks of the freshwater invertebrate keeping hobby is a positive thing. The general lack of understanding is one of the most limiting factors affecting the expansion of the ranks.
Thanks Apistomaster! :-)

I'll probably re-write it at some point, to make it better.

I'm working on an Amano shrimp profile for the same website.

I agree, there are way too few people who 'seriously' keep shrimp. We need to corrupt more people into the hobby. :twisted:

-John
TKD
Shrimp Master
Shrimp Master

Post by TKD »

No commercial links...
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

TKD wrote:No commercial links...
To my understanding, it's not a commercial link.

Are you saying it is?

-John
pixl8r
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by pixl8r »

Personally, I think the link is completely within the rules, it's not selling anything, just informing.

By the way, nice job on the article. :)
The Fisherman
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by The Fisherman »

Thanks pixl8r. :-)

Just as an update, I am working on a new version as we speak. I noticed quite a few minor errors. I'm also re-writing portions so that the flow is better.

-John