suffering serious shrimp withdrawl!

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

JohnPaul
Larva
Larva

suffering serious shrimp withdrawl!

Post by JohnPaul »

Hi all :smt006

Been a while since I've been active (posting) on the forums here but wondering if anyone else is (like me) suffering from "shrimp withdrawl." I got into the dwarf shrimp thing a couple years ago and, thanks to a lot of good info from this site and from various folks who post here, ended up with a thriving and well-breeding tank of RCS as my first foray into the hobby. However, last summer I had to give away my tank as I was heading to Italy for studies for a year, and for several reasons it has not been possible (or at least, not practical) for me to set up any tanks here. However, I'll be returning to the states in June and looking to get back involved in the shrimp hobby once again.

However I have been reading these forums with regularity and it's been fun following what the old timers (as well as some of the newer folks) are up to. Seems to be a lot of exciting things happening in the hobby. After I get home and get a new tank (or two) set up, cycled, and properly aged, I'll be looking forward to jumping back into the hobby again with full gusto. Since I've done RCS already I'll probably try my hand at something else; not sure exactly what yet but I have a couple of months to think about it and plan...which itself can be fun. :)

Anyway, just wanted to share that even people like me, who aren't currently raising shrimp, benefit from the site. Keep up the good work, Mustafa, and keep those posts coming everyone!
Neonshrimp
Master Shrimp Nut
Master Shrimp Nut

Re: suffering serious shrimp withdrawl!

Post by Neonshrimp »

Welcome back John Paul,

Hope to hear more from you soon. Let us know what you decide and keep us updated on your return.