fresh broccoli

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

JoshGuppy
Larva
Larva

fresh broccoli

Post by JoshGuppy »

we have some fresh green broccoli in the fridge, will red cherries eat it?
Cajunspice
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by Cajunspice »

hey josh, to save you trouble why don't you just feed them one type of food. I feed my shrimps only pellets from crab cuisine and from time to time alternate it with algae flakes. From my opinion anything with calcium iodate is good enough for the shrimps since those are the ingredients that are essential to shrimps. :o
JoshGuppy
Larva
Larva

Post by JoshGuppy »

I'm sorry, im just curious on what all they could eat :) I usually like my pets to have a very VARIED diet, to ensure all proper nutrition. I guess the algae disks and fish flakes will be ok :)
Josh
cz
Egg
Egg

Post by cz »

I've fed broccolli, cuke, zuke, and soft baby spinach with success. The only failure I recal were carrots.
51Cornell
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by 51Cornell »

My approach is "try it" (a small piece) but always be ready to immediately scoop it out if no one is interested and/or if it begins to disintegrate (or something) in the tank. I've fed my shrimp and snails avocado to see if they liked it--they initially all swarmed over it but gave up on it kind of quickly (might have been too fatty for their little hands). I kind of like to expand their eating experience.
Jackie
Shrimp
Shrimp

Post by Jackie »

51Cornell wrote:I kind of like to expand their eating experience.
Try bananas and paprika (a bit cooked). It is interesting that some shrimp seem to like these snacks while others do not.

Right know I don't feed my algae eating shrimp at all, they graze on the algae that's in the tank. BTW - the tank looks like a moldy-green garbage-can ;) The Fire Reds (aka Cherries) are deep red, it seems the algae is enough to keep them happy (plus eating the once in a while dead shrimp).