'orange glass shrimp'?

This is an archived forum with lots of information. However, new posts are not allowed at this point.

Moderator: Mustafa

zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

true
that probably why we are better keep those commercial name for most of neocaridina or something like Neocaridina spp. "snowball" or Neocaridina spp. " red cherry". Neocaridina spp. "yellow"

as i always say dont mix shrimp together, specially Neocaridina
wklotz
Tiny Shrimp
Tiny Shrimp

Post by wklotz »

Hi Mustafa!
Werner, I am going to get rid of the N. cf. zhangjiajiensis name for the Snowball shrimp and just call it Neocaridina sp.. I think that's the best thing to do for most Neocaridina spp. out there that have not been clearly identified.
I agree. And there are some problems on "true" Neocaridina species (wildcaught) as well.
For instance the "original" Red Fire, inported from wild caught populations on Taiwan some years ago. Taiwanese Neocaridina denticulata (sinensis) are actually under Revision by Yixiong and his collegues. They made some new morphological and phylogenetical comparisations on Taiwanese pupulations and splitted former N. denticulata (sinensis) into 3 different species. This paper should be aviable in a few days. It is already of interest to us because Yixiong do not follow Prof. Liang renaming N. denticulata sinensis to N. heteropoda.
Until today i found no time to compare the descriptions of the new 2 species (and the phylogenetical data) with my data of the Red Cherry / Red Fire. But maybe our shrimp could belong to one of this new species.

Cheers
Werner
zapisto
Shrimpoholic
Shrimpoholic

Post by zapisto »

amazing